Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Fishy and Bright

>> Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Today I have some playful cards to show you. 

The first one is a bit fishy!

To make the fish, I stamped the new Sandy Mermaid image three times and sponged on some color.  I cut out the bottom half of the image and made it into three fish tails (don't you love to do stamp surgery?).  To make the background, I used acetate smooshing which is my favorite technique this week.  I then painted up a piece of corrugated cardboard for the ice chest/box.  For a sentiment, I used the Sun Shine On You greeting.  I love how this card came out - simple and fun. 

On the next card, I used some super bright colors to make a cheerful retirement card.
To make the main panel, I stamped the See You Later Alligator image several times and then sponged on all kinds of colors.  I sprinkled on some water and then mopped up the excess water with a paper towel.  I then sponged on a bit more color in spots where it looked faded out. 

Next, I stamped the Polka Dot Flower Trio image a few times and colored some of the flowers to match the panel.  I also stamped the Three Butterflies image and added two of them to decorate the sentiment panel I made using God Bless Retirement.  These colors represent my happy thoughts about retirement.  I am only a few years away!

Hope you enjoyed my fishy and bright cards today.

Hugz,

Nancy

7 comments:

Donna W said...

What fun cards! Love them! Thanks for sharing.

Sue said...

You make the COOLEST backgrounds Nancy!! Great idea using the sandy mermaid for your fishtails - I feel bad for the little fishies, stuck in a bucket, but they're awfully cute :)

Love your cheerful retirement card too - you're rockin' that See you later, alligator stamp!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are wonderful, Nancy! Yep..stamp or image surgery..the Dr. is IN! Super cute fish tails & I love the rainbow of colors on your second one. Really super!

Janett said...

Great cads Nancy, your backgrounds are over the top.

Shelia said...

Wow Nancy! Love these backgrounds! You create the best backgrounds!! Love the colors on the second one.

Robin Clendenning said...

I love your fishy card Nancy!! That is so cute! Love the bgs on your cards too! So festive, just wonderful!

Karin said...

Ha ah! Your fish tail card is so creative! Well done!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP