Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Dropping you a line

>> Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Hi Everyone,

Well, this card was born because of this glittery background.  It was made for a card that just never came together, so instead of tossing it, I put it into a pile of scraps.  Do you have one of those piles?  I'm embarrassed to say, that mine is way too big and unorganized.  It was through an attempt to make some sense of my mountain of bits,  that I came across this blue-green, ocean looking background and thought I'd try and make it work.  

It ended up being easy, because I stamped the image and greeting together, coloring, die cutting and matting it before I added it to the glittery panel.


To play off of the the bubbles and the circle die cuts, I added some blue gems for embellishment.

Here are the links to the stamps used on this card.

Bubbles
Big Mouth Bass
Fishing Pole
Just Dropping You A Line

 Hope you're week is as easy as this card!
Karin

7 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, that bg is awesome and really sets off your fun main images and sentiment. So glad you saved it because it looks fab and so well put together!!! Hugz

Samantha said...

Good save, Karin! I love the colors of your glittery background and your fun grouping of images. What a fun card!

Sue said...

What a cute, cute card Karin! Love how it's all grouped in a circle - especially how the greeting runs along the fishing pole!! The background is a perfect choice!
I recently did a bit of cleaning to my stamping area and ended up with 4 (yes four!!) containers of extra's. Now if I could just use them like you did.... :)

Shelia said...

Wow! That background is perfect, Karin! Love the design on this, especially how you placed the greeting! Fabulous card!

Robin Clendenning said...

All those bubbles are so cute with your fish and the sentiment!!!Very cute card! Love it!

Janett said...

I love,love, this card the glitter is the perfect background.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is fabulous, Karin! Love the green glitter bg & how you ran the fishing pole/greeting on the diagonal.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP