Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Love Bug Hug

>> Friday, January 12, 2018

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

 Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! It's not too soon to start thinking about Valentine's Day. Just sayin'...Here's a pretty quick & easy card using some cute new images. I really like the look of colored pencil on kraft so that's what I thought I'd try w/ this chubby little Love Bug  I put the kraft panel into my Misti, then colored him using Prismacolor pencils. After overstamping it to bring the outlines back, I attached a red strip that I had die cut the hearts down the side, then die cut the whole thing w/ a stitched rectangle die. The greeting was stamped on a little strip & I added two black brackets (as in the {hugs} shorthand) & attached some of the cut out hearts.
Here's a look at the inside. A few more hearts were added & I used a leftover strip of the red as a stencil for the pink hearts. 
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

Snow Supplies:
stamps: DRS Designs - Love Bug Love Bug Hug  (inside- Sweet Valentines Scattered Hearts) 
paper: Staples 110# kraft, red, small scrap of black
ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Memories baby pink
accessories:  Prismacolor pencils, Misti, Memory Box Hearts Delight die, Lil' Inker stitched rectangle die, Maya Road punctuation dies



5 comments:

Shelia said...

Your coloring on the Kraft CS is so pretty. Great card design too.

Karin said...

The little love bug on kraft is just so cute! I love the hearts on the inside that match up with the border strip on the front! Adorable card :)

Robin Clendenning said...

This is so cute!! I love your bug and also the coloring on the kraft paper! Fabulous card!

Sue said...

So cute Julie! Love the highlights on the kraft and what I think of as your Indian way of stamping (no waste :) Great stenciling on the inside too!

nwilliams6 said...

Awesome coloring on that love bug, Julie. I love your fun dies and great colors on this fun Valentine's card!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP