Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Cats and Flowers

>> Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Hi Everyone,

Cats are the popular animal in the lives of my friends and extended family. My aunt, two cousins, both nieces and two friends all have kitties as parts of the family. So, naturally my card for an upcoming birthday had to include a cat :)

I stamped, colored and fussy cut Purrfectly Comfortable Kitty and attached her to a background that was embossed with paw prints and stamped using the Small Cat Print.  I added a couple of rows of gems and a bit of glitter glue to her collar for some girlie bling.  A die cut speech bubble and the Pawsitively Birthday Greeting finished it off. 



One of the ladies that belongs to my rec center where I walk everyday is having some surgery, so I made this get well card with her in mind.  I chose a pastel lavender base card and simple monochromatic color scheme.  

I stamped the Dogwood Branch a bunch of times and then proceeded to fussy cut the blossoms, added a bit of lavender embellishment to match the card base.  I embossed the background panel and added the flowers using dimensional foam tape, embellishing them with some glitter in the center.  


And I have to say that I really prefer the sentiment of "Hope Your Feeling Better", over "Get Well Soon!"  It's so much less demanding...lol!  Whenever I've gotten a card like that, I always want to say, "I'm trying!" :) :) :)  Seriously though, sending cards handmade cards is a special art, and anyone I've ever sent one to, no matter what the greeting says, is always super grateful indeed!

Happy Stamping friends!
Karin 

6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, these are some really great cards! Love the kitty card - great speech bubble, bling and fee. Love your fussy cut flowers and colors on the next. Beautiful work!! hugz

Shelia said...

Such sweet cards, Karin! Love that sassy kitty on the first one. Your fussy cut dogwood flowers are so very pretty. This card will definitely make someone feel better!

Robin Clendenning said...

I love the flower card, what a terrific idea to have them almost look like they are falling blossoms! Your cat card is really cute as well.

Sue said...

2 wonderful cards Karin! Your kitty card is adorable - love the color, speech bubble and the rhinestones. Your feeling better card is beautiful! The dogwood is one of my favorite images and I love how you scattered them with the scroll background.

Samantha said...

I love both of your cards today, Karin! The kitty looks fabulously sassy in green, but I'm having a hard time coming up with the words for the dogwood card. It's just gorgeous! Nice work, lady :)

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

these are both excellent, Karin! 2 of my fave images..the sassy cat & the dogwood. Love the green "wallpaper" behind the cat w/ rhinestone border. The understated color on the dogwoods card really make them stand out.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP